Monday, June 20, 2011

My New Chalkboard

I'm in total design mode. I guess that's what I get for digging out all the 'This Old House' magazines and reading them.....repeatedly. :D So, I have a couple projects I'm going to work on for my bedroom over the next few weeks. This is the first.

Last week, when I saw the can of chalkboard paint (this stuff is AWESOME) sitting out, I decided I was going to get rid of the old bulletin board (that I haven't really used at all for the past few years) and paint myself a chalkboard. Silly me forgot to take a 'before' picture.

First I had to remove the hooks that had been holding the bulletin board and fill in the holes. Then I taped off my rectangle.

Excuse the weird lighting of my window on the right side...haha. 

After I had taped it, I painted.....obviously. ;) This is the only picture I got after I had painted....it's terrible and blurry and the color is off. :P

(Haha, and one of my dresser drawers is open :P)

Then I picked out some trim and my dad cut it, painted it white, and nailed it around the chalkboard painted area to make it look like a framed chalkboard. I love the way it looks...and it's always fun to write on a chalkboard. ;)




Coming soon: Revamped Desk Chair!

2 comments:

  1. How neat!!! It looks so pretty with the trim around it!!! :) I can't wait for the "Revamped Desk Chair"!!!!

    ~SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Rosa. Wish I could do that but the walls in my house are bumpy plaster :P

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little note! However, I do moderate my comments, and any comment that I find offensive in any way will not be approved.