Friday, January 7, 2011

Rosary Bracelets

I *think* I made my first rosary bracelet back in late Spring/early Summer of 2010 after my mom requested that I make something for the silent auction at our local Catholic homeschool conference. I have made rosaries previous to these, but I simply fell in love with the rosary bracelets as they are so quick and easy to make.

I only have two currently that I haven't sold or given away, but I think these two might be my favorites (it's probably the Swarovski crystals :D).

<---This is my lavender rosary bracelet, it was actually the prototype so-to-say. ;) Made with Swarovski crystals and sterling silver findings. --->

<---And this green one is my most recently made rosary bracelet. It's for one of my out-of-state friends, but I still haven't sent it to her...(bad Leia, bad). Also made with Swarovski crystals and sterling silver findings.

Have you noticed that I love Swarovski crystals? Practically every other  (ok...maybe not quite that much, but close) jewelry item I make has at least one Swarovski crystal in it's design. I broke a few in some of my earlier projects, but once I learned how to handle them properly I was under a spell. It's a pity they're so expensive.

I also wanted to add two of my most prized resources. My mom and I found these sites when I first started making rosary bracelets. They're both online stores that have huge selections of religious medals. They're where I found the small one's used for these bracelets. So, without further ado, the links!

JMJ Products LLC and Madonna Shops Online. :)

Check back soon for...simple drop earrings and my discovery of Chainmaille jewelry.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I can't wait to hear what your chainmaille discovery story is... I was surprised to find that you had a mobius2in1 weave on your header. Most people have no idea what chainmaille jewelry is or that it even exists!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little note! However, I do moderate my comments, and any comment that I find offensive in any way will not be approved.